Blog Widget by LinkWithin

All about the ride...

>> Thursday, July 13, 2017

Welcome!

My card today reflects my 11 year old son's badgering to get him a mini bike for his birthday next month and one of the reasons I keep refusing - running into a brick wall :)




For an experienced rider I'm assuming a brick wall wouldn't pose any problems and I loved it as a backdrop for my focal image.

I started my card by stamping our new Brick Wall stamp several times on a piece of grey card stock, and coloring the bricks in a red/grey combo.  I stamped our Bikers Prayer on ivory using black ink and added our Motorcycle on top using brown ink that had been stamped off twice.  I've been experimenting lately with only sponging one or two edges instead of the whole layer and I'm kinda of liking it, so I sponged some red on the left side only and layered all on a folded rust card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sue

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Love the inspiration for your card , Sue! Made me chuckle! Your brick wall looks amazing - you colored it perfectly! I've never tried sponging on just one side, but I will definitely try it now. Love the look, it adds so much interest. Great card! And good like with that bike issue!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh your brick wall is amazing! I love the different colors and it goes great with the motorcycle! Great guy card! I never let my son have a motorcycle either but guess what he did when he left home? BOYS!!!

Karin said...

Your brick wall is beyond superb! I love the red and grey and the white mortar makes it look totally real. It's a brilliant background for the biker's prayer!

Janett said...

Love the bricks, great colors and the sponging is perfect I would say the one side sponging works.

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, your bricks are wonderful! What perfect coloring and it works perfect as a frame for that prayer. Awesomely done. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Your brick wall looks amazing, Sue! I hear you w/ the mini bike. Hubs had a motorcycle in high school but the town we lived in was pretty safe. I don't think I'd chance it around here w/ the awful traffic & hilly roads.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP