Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Batik Easter

>> Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I love doing holiday cards in non-traditional colors.  This week I have a black and white Easter card to show you.
I was inspired to make this card when I saw THIS Batiked Scarf at Global Handmade Hope which is this week's Inspiration Site at Splitcoaststampers.com.

To get the Batiked Inspired background, I started with a piece of aluminum foil and I wadded it up.  I then straightened it back up again but left all the little wrinkles.  Next, I swiped Black Soot Distress Ink over the foil and then misted the foil with some water.  I smooshed my Vanilla cardstock several times over the foil to get the look.  I misted the foil in between smooshes. 

For the top panel, I used the new Welcome Oval and cut off the Easter part of the new Deco Easter Greeting.  I also added in the new God Bless You Cross.  I plan to use that cross in some Bible Art Journaling as well.

I tucked in some vanilla doilies and a few leaves to finish up the card.

Easter is sneaking up on us this year!  Hope your week is going well.

Hugz,

Nancy
I

4 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

This is too cool Nancy!! I really love the bg you created and love how you used the sentiments and deco welcome with the cross! Very pretty, very cool!

Sue said...

This is beautiful Nancy! Love the cross and the Easter added as well as your awesome background!!

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness, Nancy, I did a card very similar to this, different colors, but same images. Love how you did this in black & white. It's so pretty!

Karin said...

What an awesome background you created! I love how you combined using the new stamps too...Your creativity knows no bounds :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP